We’re here in Lima! Our trip was quite uneventful, definitely undelayed, and really rather enjoyable, I thought. Praise God! Here is a brief summary:
– Woke up at 5:30 am and drove to the airport from our hotel; it took about 4 minutes.
– Checked in and ate a scone and muffin for breakfast (Dad and I, respectively).
– Figured out that our flight landed in Ft. Lauderdale and the next one left out of Miami. whoops.
– Flew to Ft. Lauderdale, disembarked, and retrieved our luggage without any hassel.
– Easily caught a bus to a train (one with two levels and a nice view) to a bus to the Miami airport.
– Walked rather a long way to find our check-in counter and checked in.
– Briefly observed the strange people who decide to pay $15 to get their suitcases saran wrapped.
– Ate a sandwich and a muffin and spinach croissant-like thing (Dad, me, respectively) for lunch in a Barnes and Nobles-like bookstore.
– Wandered down to our gate and sat there for an hour and a half or so.
– Hopped on the plane and flew out promptly at 4:30.
– Waited in eager expectation for a promised in-flight dinner to be served.
– Ate a snack and then supper (I LOVE airplane meals! Always have, probably always will!).
– Did not watch the dumb-looking movie, Arthur, that was playing.
– Attempted to sleep. And failed.
– Reviewed some Spanish grammar for approximately 52 seconds.
– Landed, cleared immigration, and picked up our baggage.
– Saw some apparently famous singers in the baggage area and walked past their chanting, cheering fans outside.
– Got a taxi for a reasonable rate.
– Noted a somewhat excessive amount of PDA on the taxi ride to the hotel.
– Was surprised by the mildness of the taxi’s driving.
– Checked in to the hotel and immediately consumed the crackers and chocolate provided.
– Zapped some water with my super water zapper thingy and drank it.
– Hoped and prayed that the water zapper works.
– Got on the computer to post this.
And now, to bed!